Thursday, April 4, 2013

Not Going Goofy Anymore...








It looks like race registration opened up a bit early, I was able to find a link through a Facebook page that took me to the Active.com registration for the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend.  I signed up for the Dopey Challenge.  If you haven't heard lately, there has been a new 10k race to the weekend and if you run the 5k, 10k, Half marathon and Marathon then you'll be crowned an inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher.

So, for a total of 48.6 miles in 4 days, I will be officially Dopey!

I haven't been able to find any deals on hotels/airfare etc. yet.  Here's the plan on how I make this a relatively cheap trip (given the normal cost).  My plan is to stay with a family friend but that is an hour plus from the Disney theme parks.  This should save a few bucks on hotel.  Come November and December this year, I'll be scouring the Orlando Groupon page for restaurants, instead of paying full price for each meal or going to McDonalds for every meal.

I'm not sure how I'm going to get down there yet, my dad plans on meeting me down there but he's going to drive.  I won't have that much time off work so I own't be able to do that.  Any ideas for cheap airfare?

No comments:

Post a Comment