Saturday, October 13, 2012

First Post

So I've been mulling over the idea of training for the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge. Well, I've decided that I will train for it, I will run both races to the best of my ability.

I ran a small amount in 2011, and began picking it back up in March of 2012 by running once that month. Completed a mile in 12:40. From a bit of training this year, my fastest half marathon was 2:07:12 (9:43/mi). My goal for the Goofy Challenge is the half marathon under 2 hours, full marathon under 5 hours.

I learned a lesson about goal setting this year. When I signed up for the North Shore Turkey Trot 10k I told them my pace would be around 9:30/mi. What seemed to be a lofty goal when you ran a mile in 12:40 just a few days before. Well, I've recently run a 10k at 8:47/mi.

I'm not a fast runner, I enjoy it. Would love to form a community around folks chasing this dream.

Let me know in the responses below.
Take care,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment