Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chicago Rock and Roll Half Marathon Begins Today!










Today I begin my training plan for the Rock n Roll Chicago Half Marathon.  I completed my full marathon 10 days ago.  It didn't go well, but I'm over it.  I finished.  My previous half-marathons have gone quite well.  I ran my first half-marathon back in October of 2012 with a time of 2:10:15.  Not too shabby for going out WAY too fast and walking part of it.

My second was in March, just 3 months later.  I never really planned out a training routine for it, just increased mileage and tried to run a bit faster on the mid week runs.  I PR'd that race with a time of 2:02:37, my goal was 2:05:00.

Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon is on July 21st.  I'm using a training plan from Hal Higdon Intermediate Level.  I'm really hoping to find people to pace me for the runs which should take place at half-marathon pace and 5k pace intervals.  I just find it easier and more motivating to have people out there with me, especially those that can run faster than I.

The training plan I'm following can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment